Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- To know the mission statement & services of Seha Emirates Hospital.
- To be treated with dignity and respect, consistent with professional standards for all patients regardless of the mode of payment, race, gender, nationality, religion,
culture, disability, or any other factor.
- To receive care that is considerate & respectful of the patients’ personnel values and beliefs.
- To receive health care on the basis of clinical need.
- To receive emergency medical care and treatment without delay.
- To receive appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- To receive a detailed explanation of their condition, care, treatment, and aftercare, using terms that are free from professional jargon in order that the patient can fully understand.
- The patient has the right to access their medical record and Information.
- Right to a second opinion or to have their care transferred to another physician if they are not satisfied with the care or opinion provided.
- To have privacy during examination, procedures, clinical care/ treatment; and to know who is in attendance and the purpose of those in attendance on them.
- The patient has the right to informed consent for treatment, procedures, and interventions.
- To receive verbal and written information about any proposed treatment and to be told if there are any alternatives available.
- To have all clinical and pharmaceutical records kept fully updated and relevant; records are kept fully confidential and protected from loss and misuse.
- To be provided with interpreter services, and all other language barriers will be accommodated based upon the availability of translation resources.
- To have any complaint that they may make, acknowledged, fully investigated, and be provided with a written response as per the facility policy.
- To be protected from a physical assault during their visit/ stay in the health care facility.
- To appropriate protection, if they are children, disabled, elderly, or vulnerable.
- To receive care at the end of their life, which is respectful and compassionate.
- To have family members participate in the care process as desired.
- To follow the rules and regulations of Seha Emirates Hospital.
- To Bring their medical insurance card & personal ID with them every time.
- To show respect and be courteous to the staff. Not use abusive language and/or display unsocial behavior to other patients, visitors or staff.
- To show consideration for other patients’ needs, especially when their needs are greater.
- To use the emergency and walk-in services appropriately.
- To provide accurate information about personal details, past medical history, treatments, medications, allergy or allergic reaction to any medication.
- To be accountable for their own actions if they decide not to follow the health care provider instructions and/or treatment plan and recommendations.
- To safeguard any belonging that they decide to keep in their possession after they have been admitted.
- To keep appointments and inform the clinic if they are unable to attend, 48 hours in advance.
- To inform the medical staff if they have any special requirements for discharge and are requested to be prepared to leave the Hospital once medically discharged
- To be accountable for the payment of the services provided by the Hospital as applicable.